Donations by members of the public
If you have an object or a collection that you would like to donate to the Museum, please get in touch using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
The Museum has a Collections Development Policy under which it is the responsibility of the Acquisitions and Disposals Committee to decide whether the Museum wishes to accept an object or collection that is being offered for donation.
The Museum is interested in collecting archaeological material from the Ryedale area.
The Museum is interested in collecting social history material from the following categories:
- items relating to Malton family brewing firms or to other retail and commercial firms from Malton and Norton
- items relating to the activities of Malton as a market town
- paintings, prints and drawings of local scenes, significant buildings and events in Malton and Norton
The Museum will consider accepting items relating to:
- the horse racing industry in the Norton area
- the activities of civic authorities and other organisations in Malton and Norton prior to 1974
Please note that if you bring along an object or objects to the Museum to donate you will be asked to provide some basic information, including your name and address, so that the Museum can contact you once the Acquisitions and Disposals Committee has made a decision on whether to accept the offer.
Deposition of archaeological archives
Field Units carrying out interventions in the Ryedale area and seeking to deposit the resulting archives with Malton Museum should, at the earliest opportunity, download a copy of the Museum’s Procedures for the Deposition of Archaeological Archives.