In 2016 we revealed the first instalment of our new exhibition Malton Goes to Market. Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council England we were able to revamp our exhibition rooms, install new lighting and introduce new technology. This exhibition features objects such as Iron Age chalk figures, trade tokens, and a decorative quilt.
In 2014 and 2015 the museum worked with the Woodhams-Stone collection on ‘Windows to the Past’, a two-part exhibition exploring the changing nature of the town. It included a reconstruction of a Roman kitchen and one from the 1930’s.
Also in 2015, the museum housed a temporary exhibition from Kirkleatham Museum, ‘The Saxon Princess’. The exhibition featured a replica of a rare Anglo-Saxon pendant which was discovered in 2006 by archaeologists excavating a cemetery at Street House, Redcar, and Cleveland. It was originally placed in a grave which is believed to be of a Saxon princess, who was buried lying on her highly-decorated bed.