Roman Festival 2023
Saturday 23rd September from 10.30am to 3:30pm
Our second Roman Festival will include live action demonstrations from the Roman Cavalry by Equistry, marching and battle sequences from Magister Militum, Roma Antiqua and Legio VI Victrix.
These well known re-enactment groups will also have military encampments that demonstrate the changes in military equipment and Roman life throughout the 400 years of Roman occupation of Britannia.
Being experimental archaeologists these groups live and breathe life in the ‘Legion’ of Roman Britannia, their equipment is as correct as current knowledge allows and they will happily chat about any aspect of Roman life.
For more information visit our Roman Festival page
£10 per adult, £20 per family of 2 adults and up to 4 children (Children aged 14 and under)
- Live-action Roman Cavalry displays by Equistry and Roman Legionaries Magister Militum re-enactors
- Roman interest groups will tell the story of the Romans in our community and within Britannia
- Children’s activities of Mosaic making, an archaeological dig and finds sorting, and why not decorate your own shield before joining the Children’s Roman Army?
- Other activities such as dressing up as a Legionnaire or why not try writing on a wax tablet?
- Retail stalls, refreshments and a Mini Malton Museum
Please note there is no parking onsite
For car parking information visit: en.parkopedia.co.uk
Orchard Fields, Old Malton Road (B1257), Malton
How to Book
To book this event go to our Online Shop
Email us: [email protected], or phone: 01653 691262